Saturday, August 23, 2008


I learned today that I know absolute nada about football. (Okay, maybe I know a tad more than nada). I need to take a crash course because it seems we're in it for the long haul. My son had his first game today. He LOVES, LOVES, LOVES football. He even LOVES to go to practice. Is that crazy or what? I can learn a lot from him.

But, I was thinking that maybe writing is a lot like football.

-Sometimes you score a field goal by meeting the little goals you set for yourself.

-Sometimes you make a great tackle by finishing that manuscript you've been slaving over.

-Sometimes you get knocked off your feet with a rejection, but you get back up and try, try again.

-Sometimes you cry on the sidelines (these are 5-7 year olds) but after visiting your favorite writer's forum, you feel encouraged to tackle that query letter once again.

-Sometimes you make it to the end zone for a touchdown and actually see your name on a book cover.

-Most important though, sometimes you inspire someone to do the
best they can and never give up on what they love most. Go for the goal!!

Keep writing and learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment