Sunday, August 10, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog.
I have been writing seriously for the past 4 years. In high school I dabbled in a little poetry that I pretty much kept to myself. Then somehow I drifted away from writing anything.

After my kids were born I gravitated back toward it. So here I am four years later with a lot of knowledge and a little procrastination. (I'm working on that)

Last week I was lucky enough to get to go to the SCBWI National conference in L.A. It was absolutely fantastic! I met tons of nice people in elevators, at the Paint the Town Red party and in sessions. I left very inspired and hyped about my own WIP. Children's writers are just the friendliest people. Here are a few pics of some I met.





Darlina and me

Martha and Lisa

Sonia and Steve

Lisa and Jenn

The Big Bad Wolf, Anna Myers, and

Little Red Riding Hood

The Oklahoma Chapter

There are others who I didn't get good pics of. Kim from Kidlit Central News http://community.livejournal.com/kidlit_central/ has started a new blog. Kidlit Central News brings you the HOTTEST children’s publishing news, reviews, entertainment and more—by and about those involved with children’s literature in and around the Central U.S. Featured states include: Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Illinois, Oklahoma and Wisconsin. Go check it out!!! She's the one who encouraged me to start this blog.

Keep writing and learning.

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Nice to see you online! I love that picture of the whole Oklahoma group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim! There was about 11 Oklahomans there (not all pictured).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sweetie,

    Me and the kids are so proud of you!! We have faith in you.

    Love always,

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Kim was the one who got me to start blogging, too. How many blogs do you suppose she's responsible for?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I finally made my way here!! Love all your pics! Especially the one of you with the red hot top on!! lol!!
    Miss you more than I can say!! Can't wait to see you on the 27th.

    ReplyDelete