Sunday, January 11, 2009

Has this happened to you?

I went to my local B&N yesterday to read a bunch of picture books (I'm taking the Darcy Pattison picture book retreat in February and she requires you to read a lot of PB's beforehand). I would grab about 10 off the shelf and find a spot, read them and log info then return them to their correct spot.

One of the workers kind of hovered around me the whole time. I got more PB's and he came up and asked if I needed a basket for my purchases. I told him "No thank you, I'm just reading them right now." He gave me this very odd (almost hateful) look and left.

Then he kept hovering. I finally said "I'm really not weird. I'm a children's book writer." He said, "That's okay."

I guess he expected me to buy all of those books. Or didn't want me there if I wasn't going to look quickly then go. Geez, it's not like I didn't just buy $50.00 worth of books the week before. Ah, well.

Has this ever happened to any of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment